Thursday, August 2, 2007

Somedays you just want to take a Sledgehammer...

There are days, days like today, where you feel the need to beat the crap out of gear. Specifically your computer gear.

A couple of days ago my home network decided to stop working- no internet connection. It wasn't a big deal since we where going to my parents cottage (btw that was fun). i thought i might have gone over my 60 gb limit, and rogers shut me down. That happens.

But we came back, it is a new month and still no connection. hmmmmm

I called roger: " hey guys just running a diagnostic on my network, just wanted to confirm whether or not i am still getting a connection."

Turns out i am; i didn't go over my limit. Signal is coming into my house, but is not connecting wirelessly to our computers. Ok router, what is your story?

Tried to reset; no joy.

It better not be broken, but after a few more test i was forced to conclude that it was in fact broken.

got a new one, and read the setup instructions. 

Hello Airport Setup Assistant. i had completely forgot about that little application. After running it, the old router was resurrected. 

what a piss off. what a waste of a morning running around trying to fix non-broken stuff.

now i have to go and return the new router. 

No comments: